Last day for application: 2023-01-31
Solution Architect for Cloud to NCC
Do you want to make a real difference and make decisions that improve people's everyday lives? As a Solution Architect for Cloud at NCC, we can offer you just that! You’ll get the opportunity to work in an environment influenced by sustainability, digitalization, and innovation!
We are building for the future – are you ready to help us realize our IT roadmap?
The construction industry is currently facing a development leap where the change agent is spelled digitalization. NCC is leading the way by developing our business and future proofing our IT platform. We are currently recruiting IT professionals who thrive on becoming important players in our digital transformation journey, taking construction to new heights through IT.
You will join the Group function “Finance & IT”, which leads NCC´s strategic development and major change programs in the business. Finance & IT is NCC’s development and delivery function for IT as well as operations development and research & innovation. We are a Nordic organization with 150+ employees working together closely under one common management. Cooperation in- and between units is key for us to deliver value to NCCs business areas, and therefore we have adapted an Agile team-based setup with focus on collaboration, people and efficient delivery and development.
Your role and responsibilities
We are now looking for a Solution Architect for Cloud. This role is about seeing potential solutions, suggesting how NCC should use them. Interact with other professionals (Service Managers, Developers, Project Managers, other Architects) into getting consensus and then oversee that the implementation works as intended.
In this position you will:
- Identity challenges and proactively suggest solutions within the area.
- Develop Target Architecture in the Cloud and IT Infrastructure domain.
- Interact with Cloud & IT Infrastructure team to develop the team and our standard practices.
- Interact with other Architects as a Subject Matter Expert and provide support in various projects.
- Analyze business requirements, as well as IT operational and non-business requirements (e.g., performance), to design appropriate solutions.
- Deliver solution architecture, i.e., Service Design Documentation (SAD) including process, application, data, integration, and infrastructure architecture.
- Deliver input to development initiatives time, costs, and risk for proposed solution/service designs.
- Follow the architecture principles, guidelines and frameworks defined by NCCs Enterprise Architecture.
- Assist in problem resolution and support the development team through consultation and problem research.
- Be the driver of the architectural perspective during RFP-processes.
- Work with vendors/suppliers involved in developing a solution to ensure they follow the decided solution design.
- Participate in architecture forums to provide input to the assigned development.
- Ensure that the expected quality of solutions is achieved.
- Assist in the harvesting of the solution design from project into NCCs Enterprise Architecture together with appointed Enterprise Architect.
We believe that you have an academic degree or similar in IT and have good knowledge of work processes in large companies. You have several years of experience from the similar role. You are fluent in English and one of the Nordic languages, both verbally and written. Experience in ITIL and Agile processes are also an asset.
You will be very important for us in our strategic journey, and we think that you have:
- Experience with IaaS and PaaS services in Azure
- A strong background in DevOps and Agile methodology, this also includes the understanding how to architect automation in Azure Devops and Github Enterprise
- Knowledge of NIST and ISO standards (especially ISO27001 and NIST SP 800-53) and how they can be implemented in cloud services
- Microsoft CAF knowledge
- Deep understanding of Azure AD and how modern authentication can be implemented.
To be successful in this position you:
- Can present complex information in a simplified way
- Are a strong team player that is great at collaborating both within your own team but also with all of your co-workers in other units and functions
- Are open for change and implementation of new ways of working
- Have excellent Self-leadership
- Have a learning mindset, constantly looking to develop your skills and seek new ways to improve your work
This position can be in any of our major cities in the Nordics. The position may require travelling 1-2 days a month within the Nordic countries, although we do apply a flexible way of working and strive to collaborate digitally as much as possible.
In accordance with NCCs safety culture we conduct background checks on final candidates.
You will be reporting to the IT Competence Manager whilst working cross-functions in an Agile team driven by the Service Owner of the area.
Contact and application
In this recruitment, NCC is collaborating with Experis IT, with extensive experience in the recruitment of IT specialists and managers. You apply to the position at www.experis.se. If you have any questions, or want more information, please contact Recruitment Consultants Carina Eyoma, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, mobile: +46 73-086 22 75. Please note that candidate selection will be ongoing throughout the application period, and that you therefore should apply as soon as possible.
We look forward to receiving your application!
NCC is one of the leading construction companies in the Nordics. Based on its expertise in managing complex construction processes, NCC contributes to the positive impact of construction for its customers and society. Operations include operations property development, building and infrastructure project contracting, and asphalt and stone materials production. In 2021, NCC had sales of about SEK 53 bn and 13,000 employees. NCC’s shares are listed on Nasdaq, Stockholm. Read more about us and our solutions Here.