Interim report for the third quarter and January-September 2020
Stable profitability and healthy cash flow - lower orders received
“Orders received were impacted by selective tendering, more projects in early stages and variation between quarters. Operating profit is stable,” says Tomas Carlsson, President and CEO of NCC.
- Orders received were lower but the reasons vary between the business areas. Selective tendering with a focus on profitability, shifts in the project portfolio toward more projects in early stages and a natural variation between the quarters
- Operating profit on a par with prior years. Higher margin for the Group and in three of the five business areas. Sales were lower for the quarter, with this trend led primarily by Building Sweden and Property Development
- Cash flow from operating activities was significantly stronger than in the preceding year
- The Board of Directors has proposed a dividend of SEK 2.50 per share for 2019, read more on page 13
- Ylva Lagesson new Head of business area Industry and plan to improve profitability in the business area announced on November 5
Third quarter 2020
- Orders received amounted to SEK 9,026 M (12,769)
- Net sales totaled SEK 12,820 M (13,951)
- Operating profit was in line with the preceding year and totaled SEK 567 M (568)
- Profit after financial items totaled SEK 549 M (536)
- Profit after tax was SEK 488 M (459)
- Earnings per share after dilution were SEK 4.53 (4.21)
January-September 2020 period
- Orders received amounted to SEK 37,215 M (44,340)
- Net sales totaled SEK 39,017 M (39,995)
- Operating profit increased during the period to SEK 981 M (626)
- Profit after financial items totaled SEK 922 M (545)
- Profit after tax was SEK 839 M (467)
- Earnings per share after dilution were SEK 7.78 (4.17)
Invitation to presentation of the Interim Report for the January – September 2020 period
NCC’s President and CEO Tomas Carlsson and Chief Financial Officer Susanne Lithander will present the interim report by webcast with integrated teleconference on November 6 at 9:00 a.m. (CET). The presentation will be held in English.
Presentation material for the teleconference will be available at www.ncc.se/ir from approximately 8:00 a.m. (CET).
Link to webcast:
To participate by phone:
To participate by phone, please call one of the following numbers five minutes prior to the start of the conference.
SE: +46 8 505 583 50
UK: +44 333 300 9035
US: +1 833 526 8381
For further information, please contact
Susanne Lithander, CFO, +46 (0)73 037 08 74
Maria Grimberg, Head of Communication & IR, +46 (0)70 896 12 88
This is the type of information that NCC AB is obligated to disclose pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was issued for publication through the agency of the contact persons set out above on November 5, 2020 at 6.30 p.m. CET
About NCC. Our vision is to renew our industry and provide superior sustainable solutions. NCC is one of the leading companies in the Nordics within construction, infrastructure and property development, with sales of more than SEK 58 billion and 15,500 employees in 2019. The NCC share is listed on NASDAQ Stockholm.