Interim report for the second quarter and first half of 2022
Increased sales in a more uncertain market.
“We have growth and a robust order backlog. Operating profit is stable but impacted by some pressure on margins. The market is difficult to assess at this time and we see higher risks than previously”, says Tomas Carlsson, President and CEO, NCC.
- Increased net sales in the Group, driven by the contracting business and Industry
- Order backlog remains robust in all business areas, and orders received are good
- Stable operating profit but pressure on margins. No property projects were recognized in profit
- Strong financial position
- NCC has initiated a repurchase program of own Series B shares, which will run up until the 2023 Annual General Meeting
Second quarter 2022
- Orders received amounted to SEK 12,763 M (16,568)
- Net sales totaled SEK 14,001 M (12,745)
- Operating profit amounted to SEK 474 M (487)
- Profit after financial items totaled SEK 464 M (476)
- Profit after tax was SEK 383 M (388)
- Earnings per share after dilution amounted to SEK 3.59 (3.61)
First half of 2022
- Orders received amounted to SEK 29,398 M (30,822)
- Net sales totaled SEK 24,113 M (22,885)
- Operating profit amounted to SEK 304 M (344)
- Profit after financial items totaled SEK 289 M (324)
- Profit after tax was SEK 236 M (265)
- Earnings per share after dilution amounted to SEK 2.20 (2.46)
NCC’s President and CEO Tomas Carlsson and Chief Financial Officer Susanne Lithander will present the half-year report in an audiocast and teleconference on July 19 at 9:00 a.m. (CEST). The presentation will be held in English. Presentation material will be available at www.ncc.com/ir from approximately 8:00 a.m. (CEST).
Link to audiocast: https://ncc-live-external.creo.se/220719
To participate by phone, please call one of the following numbers five minutes prior to the start of the conference:
SE: +46 8 505 100 31
UK: +44 207 107 06 13
US: +1 631 570 56 13
For further information, please contact:
Susanne Lithander, Chief Financial Officer (CFO), +46 730 37 08 74
Maria Grimberg, Head of Communication & IR, +46 708 96 12 88
This information is information that NCC AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, on July 19, 2022, at 07:10 a.m. CEST.
About NCC. NCC is one of the leading construction companies in the Nordics. Based on its expertise in managing complex construction processes, NCC contributes to the positive impact of construction for its customers and society. Operations include commercial property development, building and infrastructure project contracting, and asphalt and stone materials production. In 2021, NCC had sales of SEK 53 bn and 13,000 employees. The NCC shares are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm.