Interim report for the third quarter and January-September 2023
Strong operating profit
“A solid quarter for NCC where Infrastructure and Industry, in particular, delivered a good result”, says Tomas Carlsson, President and CEO.
- Strong operating profit from business operations and a gain of SEK 175 M on the divestment of a subsidiary
- Infrastructure posted strong operating profit and stable sales
- The Building business areas posted stable sales and orders received but operating profit was impacted by ongoing projects with lower margins
- Industry delivered sharply improved operating profit year-on-year
- Orders received were slightly lower seasonally in the third quarter, and somewhat lower than the previous year due to fewer large projects
- No property development project was recognized in profit during the quarter
- Good cash flow from the contracting operations
Third quarter 2023
- Orders received amounted to SEK 9,681 M (11,607)
- Net sales totaled SEK 14,022 M (14,068)
- Operating profit amounted to SEK 789 M (510)
- Profit after financial items totaled SEK 771 M (490)
- Profit after tax was SEK 621 M (425)
- Earnings per share after dilution amounted to SEK 6.36 (4.13)
January-September 2023 period
- Orders received amounted to SEK 40,660 M (41,005)
- Net sales totaled SEK 41,341 M (38,180)
- Operating profit amounted to SEK 1,444 M (814)
- Profit after financial items totaled SEK 1,449 M (779)
- Profit after tax was SEK 1,181 M (661)
- Earnings per share after dilution amounted to SEK 12.09 (6.26)
NCC’s President and CEO Tomas Carlsson and Chief Financial Officer Susanne Lithander will present the report in a webcast and teleconference on October 31, 2023, at 9:00 a.m. (CET). The presentation will be held in English. Presentation material will be available at ncc.com/ir from approximately 8:00 a.m. CET.
Link to webcast
To participate by phone, please call one of the following numbers five minutes prior to the start of the conference.
SE: +46 8 505 100 31
UK: +44 207 107 06 13
US: +1 631 570 56 13
NCC’s Capital Market Day November 9, 2023
NCC welcomes investors, analysts, capital market representatives and the media to a Capital Market Day on Thursday, November 9, 2023 at 13:15 CET, in Stockholm. Read more and register at ncc.com/ir.
For further information, please contact:
Susanne Lithander, Chief Financial Officer (CFO), +46 730 37 08 74
Maria Grimberg, Head of Communication & IR, +46 708 96 12 88
This information is information that NCC AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, on October 31, 2023 at 07.10 a.m. CET.
About NCC. NCC is one of the leading construction companies in the Nordics. Based on its expertise in managing complex construction processes, NCC contributes to the positive impact of construction for its customers and society. Operations include building and infrastructure project contracting, asphalt and stone materials production and commercial property development. In 2022, NCC had sales of SEK 54 bn and 12,500 employees. The NCC shares are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm.