Certified process gives more accurate values
Our accurate process to create a site- and product specific EPD is certified by a third party, who also performs annual audits of the process. Each EPD you receive from us is based on supplier's data, in order to ensure traceability throughout the supply chain for our products. Together with the suppliers, and you as the customer, we can also develop each other's processes in order to reduce the environmental impact throughout the value chain.
For you, this entails:
- More informed choices, with the help of detailed site- and product specific EPDs, minimizing use of generic data
- Known environmental data for all your inputs for concrete, paving, road constructions and so on
- Clear product documentation contributing to higher points in environmental certifications, such as BREEAM and LEED
- Current values that are updated regularly
- Third-party guarantee that you can use in your own sustainability communication
A natural element in achieving climate neutrality
Working actively with life cycle analyses and EPDs to develop our own processes is a natural element of NCC's efforts to achieve climate neutral activities. Since the life cycle analysis is based on specific site activities, we can analyze exactly which processes and production steps having the greatest environmental impact and direct our efforts towards this. The work also shows the differences between our sites, which makes it possible to share valuable knowledge and best practice within the company. Through process improvements, in both the short and long term, we can continue to offer you the industry's most sustainable solutions within stone materials and asphalt mixtures.
Our EPDs are published at environdec.com.
In Norway, a different framework is used, and their EPDs are published at epd-norge.no.