Diversity and inclusion yield efficient teams
NCC is convinced that companies and work groups comprising employees with different backgrounds, genders, skills and experiences have greater potential to achieve better results, increase their innovativeness and simultaneously deliver greater social value.
NCC Diversity policy includes the objective to attract, develop and retain a workforce that represents and reflects the society we operate in. We are committed to develop our business also by renewing our ways of viewing competence and by acknowledging a broader perspective on individual differences.
Therefore, we take actions to broaden our recruitment base to increase diversity, attract more candidates to the construction industry and create an inclusive culture that enables our employees to thrive and enjoy their work.
Workshops on NCC’s values
NCC is a value-guided company. In the last few years the employees in the business areas NCC Infrastructure in Sweden and NCC Building Sweden participated in workshops on NCC’s core values. These have been led by 100 internal moderators. Through this program, the employees have enhanced their knowledge of NCC’s values and gained new insights into diversity and inclusion.
Active efforts to recruit women to the industry and develop their skills
Stella has been running since 1998 and is NCC’s network for female engineers and academics. Its aim is to support women at NCC, enabling them to exchange experiences, evolve in their roles and be able to assume senior positions at NCC. There are still too few women in production – which is why Stella, with its 500 active members, is needed.
Gender breakdown in of employees (2020):
- 16 % women (15)
- 84 % men (85)
Gender breakdown of management teams (2020)
- 34 % women (32)
- 66 % men (68)
Forums and networks aiming at broadening the recruitment base
- Tekniksprånget – traineeships for attracting more people to engineering studies in Sweden
- Kompetensbygget – traineeships for future civil engineers in Sweden
- Trainee programs in Finland and Sweden
- Apprenticeships, traineeships and degree projects in Sweden, Norway, Finland and Denmark
- The Diversitas network, Norway’s leading network for diversity and equal opportunity in the industry.
- Dansk Byggeris Kvinderåd, a Danish forum established to attract more women to the industry.