Interim report for the fourth quarter and full-year 2020
NCC delivers steady progress
“NCC’s project portfolio has improved, which is reflected in our earnings. During this quarter, we also took measures to strengthen our industrial operations,” says Tomas Carlsson, President and CEO of NCC.
- The contracting business has steady progress. Improved operating profit, healthy orders received and strong order backlog in Building Sweden and Building Nordics. Somewhat lower orders received in Infrastructure due to more early involvement projects and a lower tender outcome
- The plan for improved earnings in the Industry business area that was announced in November 2020, impacted earnings negatively with SEK 55 M, but is expected to yield SEK 50 M in lower costs annually from 2021. In division Hercules certain unprofitable operations have been closed, which impacts earnings with SEK 30 M but is expected to yield SEK 10 M in lower costs annually as of 2021
- Earnings from property development increased during the year
- The Board of Directors has proposed a dividend of SEK 5.00 per share (2.50) for 2020, to be paid on two occasions, see page 13
Fourth quarter 2020
- Orders received amounted to SEK 13,984 M (13,708)
- Net sales totaled SEK 14,905 M (18,239)
- Operating profit was lower year-on-year and totaled SEK 379 M (670)
- Profit after financial items totaled SEK 359 M (639)
- Profit after tax was SEK 420 M (408)
- Earnings per share after dilution were SEK 3.90 (3.91)
January-December 2020 period
- Orders received amounted to SEK 51,199 M (58,048)
- Net sales totaled SEK 53,922 M (58,234)
- Operating profit increased during the period and totaled SEK 1,360 M (1,296)
- Profit after financial items totaled SEK 1,281 M (1,184)
- Profit after tax was SEK 1,259 M (875)
- Earnings per share after dilution were SEK 11.68 (8.09)
NCC’s President and CEO Tomas Carlsson and Chief Financial Officer Susanne Lithander will present the interim report in an audiocast and teleconference on January 28 at 9:00 a.m. (CET). The presentation will be held in English. Presentation material for the teleconference will be available at www.ncc.se/ir from approximately 8:00 a.m. (CET). Link to audiocast: https://ncc-live-external.creo.se/210128
To participate by phone, please call one of the following numbers five minutes prior to the start of the conference.
Sweden: +46 8 566 426 95
UK: +44 333 300 9274
US: +1 833 526 83 96
Susanne Lithander, CFO NCC, +46 73-037 08 74
Maria Grimberg, Head of Communications and IR NCC, +46 70-896 12 88
This is the type of information that NCC AB is obligated to disclose pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was issued for publication through the agency of the contact persons set out above on January 28, 2021, at 7:10 a.m. CET.
About NCC. NCC is one of the leading construction companies in the Nordics. Based on its expertise in managing complex construction processes, NCC contributes to a positive impact of construction for its customers and society. Operations include commercial property development, building and infrastructure project contracting, and asphalt and stone materials production. In 2019, NCC had sales of SEK 58 bn and 15,500 employees. The NCC shares are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm.