Interim report for the fourth quarter and full-year 2021
Good operating profit and strong order backlog.
“We are now seeing the result of the past three years’ work in the form of good profitability, a strong financial position and a healthy order backlog,” says Tomas Carlsson, President and CEO of NCC.
- The Group’s operating profit increased 34 percent for the full year and improved throughout the contracting operations
- Healthy orders received for the quarter and the full year
- Strong cash flow and strong financial position – the company’s net cash balance was positive at the end of the year
- Earnings per share SEK 14.02, compared with the objective of at least SEK 16.00 per share in 2023
- The Board of Directors has proposed a dividend of SEK 6.00 (5.00) per share for 2021, to be paid on two occasions. See page 13.
Fourth quarter 2021
- Orders received amounted to SEK 16,059 M (13,984)
- Net sales totaled SEK 15,998 M (14,905)
- Operating profit amounted to SEK 605 M (379)
- Profit after financial items totaled SEK 577 M (359)
- Profit after tax was SEK 538 M (420)
- Earnings per share after dilution were SEK 5.00 (3.90)
January – December 2021 period
- Orders received amounted to SEK 55,786 M (51,199)
- Net sales totaled SEK 53,414 M (53,922)
- Operating profit amounted to SEK 1,825 M (1,360)
- Profit after financial items totaled SEK 1,765 M (1,281)
- Profit after tax was SEK 1,508 M (1,259)
- Earnings per share after dilution were SEK 14.02 (11.68)
NCC’s President and CEO Tomas Carlsson and CFO Susanne Lithander will present the interim report in a webcast and teleconference on February 2, 2022, at 9:00 a.m. CET. The presentation will be held in English. Presentation material will be available at www.ncc.com/ir from approximately 8:00 a.m. (CET).
Link to webcast: https://ncc-live-external.creo.se/220202
To participate by phone, please call one of the following numbers five minutes prior to the start of the conference:
SE: +46 8 505 583 54
UK: +44 333 300 9262
US: +1 646 722 4902
For further information, please contact:
Susanne Lithander, Chief Financial Officer (CFO) +46 730 37 08 74
Maria Grimberg, Head of Communication & Investor Relations +46 708 96 12 88
This is the type of information that NCC AB is obligated to disclose pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was issued for publication through the agency of the contact person set out above on February 2, 2022 at 7:10 a.m. CET.
About NCC. NCC is one of the leading construction companies in the Nordics. Based on its expertise in managing complex construction processes, NCC contributes to the positive impact of construction for its customers and society. Operations include commercial property development, building and infrastructure project contracting, and asphalt and stone materials production. In 2020, NCC had sales of SEK 54 bn and 14,500 employees. The NCC shares are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm.