Interim report for the third quarter and January-September 2022
Lower operating profit – good orders received.
“We have good orders received, a strong order backlog and most units are performing well, but it has been a difficult quarter for parts of the business”, says Tomas Carlsson, President and CEO, NCC.
- Stable in Infrastructure and Building Nordics but some impact from cost increases
- Lower operating profit driven by the asphalt operations in Industry and write-downs in Building Sweden
- One property divestment recognized in profit during the quarter
- Good orders received and strong order backlog in all business areas
- Cash flow at anticipated level given the quarter’s results
Third quarter 2022
- Orders received amounted to SEK 11,607 M (8,905)
- Net sales totaled SEK 14,068 M (14,531)
- Operating profit amounted to SEK 510 M (877)
- Profit after financial items totaled SEK 490 M (864)
- Profit after tax was SEK 425 M (706)
- Earnings per share after dilution amounted to SEK 4.13 (6.56)
January - September 2022 period
- Orders received amounted to SEK 41,005 M (39,727)
- Net sales totaled SEK 38,180 M (37,416)
- Operating profit amounted to SEK 814 M (1,221)
- Profit after financial items totaled SEK 779 M (1,188)
- Profit after tax was SEK 661 M (971)
- Earnings per share after dilution amounted to SEK 6.26 (9.02)
NCC’s President and CEO Tomas Carlsson and Chief Financial Officer Susanne Lithander will present the interim report at a meeting on November 1, 2022, at 9:00 a.m. CET at Space, Mäster Samuelsgatan 45, Stockholm, Sweden. It will also be possible to follow the presentation by webcast and teleconference. Presentation material will be available at ncc.com/ir from approximately 8:00 a.m. CET.
Link to webcast: https://ncc-live-external.creo.se/221101
To participate by phone, please call one of the following numbers five minutes prior to the start of the conference.
SE: +46 8 505 100 31
UK: +44 207 107 06 13
US: +1 631 570 56 13
For further information, please contact:
Susanne Lithander, Chief Financial Officer (CFO), +46 730 37 08 74
Maria Grimberg, Head of Communication & IR, +46 708 96 12 88
This information is information that NCC AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, on November 1st, 2022, at 07:10 a.m. CET.
About NCC. NCC is one of the leading construction companies in the Nordics. Based on its expertise in managing complex construction processes, NCC contributes to the positive impact of construction for its customers and society. Operations include commercial property development, building and infrastructure project contracting, and asphalt and stone materials production. In 2021, NCC had sales of SEK 53 bn and 13,000 employees. The NCC shares are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm.