Interim report for the first quarter 2022
Healthy orders received and earnings trend.
“We are reporting healthy orders received and stable earnings. The business is effectively managing cost increases and other impacts of the economic situation” says Tomas Carlsson, President and CEO, NCC.
- Orders received of SEK 16.6 billion compared with SEK 14.3 billion in the corresponding quarter of 2021, and strong order backlog in all business areas
- Higher letting rate in ongoing property projects than in the first quarter of the two most recent years and the fourth quarter of 2021
- Stable operating result in a quarter characterized by seasonally low activity and in which only a small property project was recognized in profit
- Strong financial position with net cash
- The Annual General Meeting resolved in favor of a dividend of SEK 6.00 (5.00) per share for 2021, divided into two payments
- The Board of Directors has decided to repurchase own Series B shares for a maximum amount of SEK 1.5 bn and to adjust the dividend policy so that approximately 60 percent of after-tax profit is to be distributed to shareholders.
First quarter of 2022
- Orders received amounted to SEK 16,635 M (14,255)
- Net sales totaled SEK 10,111 M (10,140)
- Operating result amounted to SEK -170 M (-144)
- The result after financial items amounted to SEK -175 M (-152)
- The result after tax totaled SEK -147 M (-124)
- Earnings per share before and after dilution amounted to SEK -1.37 (-1.15)
NCC’s President and CEO Tomas Carlsson and Chief Financial Officer Susanne Lithander will present the interim report at Space, built by NCC, in Stockholm, April 28 at 9:00 a.m. CEST. The presentation will be held in English and can also be followed online and by phone, as below. Presentation material will be published at ncc.com/ir from approximately 8:00 a.m. CEST.
|Location:||Space conference center
Mäster Samuelsgatan 45, Stockholm
|RSVP:||E-mail email@example.com to attend in person at Space.
|Link to webcast:||https://ncc-live-external.creo.se/220428|
|Participate by telephone:||To participate by phone, please call one of the following numbers five minutes prior to the start of the conference.
SE: +46 8 505 100 31
UK: +44 207 107 06 13
US: +1 631 570 56 13
For further information, please contact:
Susanne Lithander, Chief Financial Officer (CFO) +46 730 37 08 74
Maria Grimberg, Head of Communication & Investor Relations +46 708 96 12 88
This is the type of information that NCC AB is obligated to disclose pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was issued for publication through the agency of the contact person set out above on April 28, 2022 at 7:10 a.m. CEST.
About NCC. NCC is one of the leading construction companies in the Nordics. Based on its expertise in managing complex construction processes, NCC contributes to the positive impact of construction for its customers and society. Operations include commercial property development, building and infrastructure project contracting, and asphalt and stone materials production. In 2021, NCC had sales of SEK 53 bn and 13,000 employees. The NCC shares are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm.